Starfire Sports, operator of a 54-acre world class soccer campus and hometraining facility of the Seattle Sounders FC, located in Tukwila, Washington isseeking a part-time Facilities Field Specialist. Join our dedicated crew andhelp us maintain that world class stature.
Position: Facilities Field Specialist Level 2 –Part Time
Reports to: Director of Facilities and Fields
Position Type: Non-exempt
Hours: Minimum of 32 hours per week
Fringe Benefits: No
Compensation: $15 – $20 per hour (depending on skills, experience, and performance); overtime paid at time and a half
- This position will provide the opportunity to learn and perform all aspects of maintenance for the Seattle Sounders FC grass practicefield. This includes but not limited todaily maintenance, cultural practices, chemical applications, irrigation, basicequipment maintenance, etc.
- Other sports turf opportunities may includeexperience with U.S. Open Cup, rugby, lacrosse and other events at Starfire SportsStadium.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, and strenuously for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and/or carry 50 pounds
- Attention to detail, takes personal initiative, completes all work with high quality
- Consistent positive attitude, punctual and responsible and exceptional customer service attitude
- Motivated with ability to work individually or with others (good team player)
- Ability to operate/ learn to operate equipment (mowers, utility vehicles, weedeater, etc)
- Ability to adapt/adjust to ever changing job tasks
- Schedule to consist primarily of afternoon to early evening shifts, but with flexibility to periodically work varying shifts as the Sounders training schedule and field maintenance plan necessitates.
- Criminal history background check
- Experience and/or pursuit of a career in agronomy/horticulture/turf management profession.
- Interest in soccer and gaining experience in a high-level sports field environment.
- Please email resume to email@example.com