Starfire Sports, operator of a 54 acre world class soccer campus and home training facility of the Seattle Sounders FC, located in Tukwila, Washington is seeking an energetic part-time Facilities Field Specialist. Join our dedicated crew and help us maintain that world class stature. Events hosted at Starfire Sports include but are not limited to:
- SSFC home U.S. Open Cup matches
- Seattle Seawolves Major League Rugby games
- Soccer, Lacrosse, and Rugby tournaments
Position: Facilities Field Specialist Level 2 –Part Time
Position Code: FFS-2PT
Reports to: Director of Facilities and Fields
Position Type: Non-exempt
Hours: Minimum of 32 hours per week
Fringe Benefits: No
Compensation: $11 – $15 per hour (depending on skills, experience, and performance);
overtime paid at time and a half
- Perform facility maintenance as assigned by Director and/or Lead Specialist
- Take note of any facilities maintenance needs, report to Director and/or Lead Specialist
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, and strenuously for long periods of time. Ability to lift and/or carry 50 pounds
- Attention to detail, takes personal initiative, completes all work with high quality
- Consistent positive attitude, punctual and responsible
- Motivated with ability to work individually or with others (good team player)
- Ability to operate/learn to operate equipment (Backpack blowers, mowers, utility vehicles, etc)
- Ability to adapt/adjust to ever changing job tasks
- Exceptional customer service attitude
- Ability to work a minimum of 32 hours per week, with flexibility to work varying shifts as the event schedule necessitates. Varying shifts may include weeknights and weekends.
- Regular schedule to include Sunday evening shift 2:00-10:30pm, or as needed.
- Criminal history background check
- Operation of small equipment/hand tools.
- Technical degree or other education and/or experience related to agronomy/horticulture/sports turf/facilities maintenance/handyman work.
- Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org